We respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you.
Like many companies, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience. The cookies that we use at at Childcare Health and Safety Wales allow our website to work and help us to understand what information is most useful to visitors.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain a certain amount of information and are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are useful because they allow websites to recognise a user’s device. They are then returned to the original website on each subsequent visit or to any other website that recognises them. For more information on cookies, go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
The term “cookie” in this policy includes all similar techniques, including web beacons and log files.
Type of information collected and reason for collection
Cookies help us to better understand your expectations of our site and, as a result, allow us to offer our customers an enjoyable experience. Here are examples of the types of information that we collect through cookies on this website:
- The number of users visiting this website, the frequency with which the site was viewed, the pages viewed, the clicks made on the site and the total duration of navigation on the site;
- The name of the website visited prior to this website;
- Whether you are visiting our site for the first time or not;
- Your viewing preferences (e.g. layout, sizing preferences, language etc.);
- Your purchases and your orders;
- The type of browser used and your IP address, so that we can identify you during your next visits.
Note that we do not collect your name or email address through cookies.
In addition, cookies allow us to do the following:
- Customise your visit: We may use information collected during your visit to facilitate your next visit to our site;
- Customise the advertising and marketing messages that appear on the site, whether ours or those of third parties. This involves, for example, identifying the features of the website that interest you;
- Analyse customer trends: We compile information on customer visits and analyse them as a whole. This type of study aims to identify trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyse the information of a particular customer.
Type of cookies used
When you visit our website, the following categories of cookies may be placed on your device:
These cookies allow you to browse our site or benefit from some of its features.
These cookies allow us to collect statistics (aggregated and anonymous) on the use of the website by you and other visitors. Thanks to this information we can improve the features offered on the website.
The duration of storage of cookies on your device may vary. We only place cookies on your device if you give us permission. If you do not want to receive some of the categories of cookies used on our websites, you can use the following tool to disable them. Note, however, that we will still need to set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences when you visit our site again from a single browser.
At the moment, it is technically impossible for you to synchronise your settings between your browsers and your devices (your computer or your smartphone). You must set them on each browser/device that you currently use and each time you use a new browser or device.
In addition, you have the option to manage cookies from your web browser. You can configure your browser at any time to be notified of the receipt of a cookie, so that you can decide whether you want to accept it or not. Cookies do not under any circumstances read the data from your hard drive and you can delete them from your computer at any time.
If you are concerned about installing cookies on your computer, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers